Tuesday 12 February 2008

January 7th

I went out for dinner last night with a couple of my girlfriends to TGI's to say goodbye because I’m heading back to reality to my flat in London. If I didn’t mention, I’ve been in Manchester staying at my mum’s over Christmas and New Year. I love TGI’s! Bring on the Jack Daniels chicken and hot chocolate fudge cake. Believe it or not, I do try to eat a balanced diet. A habit I’ve picked up, which works well, is never buying snack foods such as biscuits, cakes and sweets to have at home. If I’m out and I fancy something naughty I’ll have it, but at home I only have healthy foods. If I do go to a restaurant I’ll order whatever looks the best, whether it’s healthy or not, and have the double chocolate fudge cake covered in cream for my dessert. You’ve gotta indulge sometimes! But the key is to eat in moderation and not go mad. The occasional treat is ok but just not all the time. And If I do over-indulge, I’ll make sure I eat healthily the next day and go to the gym. So today I’m eating extra healthily, to make up for all that Jack Daniels sauce smothered over my chicken and all the Jack Daniels and coke I guzzled it down with. I’ve just eaten my lunch and although it sounds a bit like a rabbit dinner it was pretty damn good! My friend, Georgina, who’s living in Australia told me to try it. I mixed together half a tin of tuna with 1/3 of a tin of cooked chickpeas, a handful of rocket and some sliced avocado. Then I seasoned it with salt, pepper and juice of ¼ of a lemon and then drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It only took 5 mins to prepare and is a really nutritious and balanced meal. Don’t worry if that sounds horrible to you, if you normally eat really unhealthily just start introducing healthy foods one at a time and you’ll start appreciating them. When I first switched from white bread to brown, I hated it and craved Warburton’s thick cut white all the time, but now I really enjoy brown bread and don’t even think about white. I love Warburton's seeded batch.

No comments: