Tuesday 12 February 2008

January 14th

I’m back and settled into the real world now, after my big break in Manchester living the life of a total bum (it was brill). I’m back in the gym and I’m working hard. As I don’t have a car in London I’m always pretty active, walking here and there, so I don’t do much cardio at the gym. I eat well so I’m not overweight, and doing too much fat-burning exercise would take away my money-makers, ha ha. The first place I lose weight is off my boobs and I obviously don’t want that. I still have to work hard though to keep toned. I do a lot of core work. My favourite is Pilates. I love it. It’s not too difficult but very effective. My gym like most, offers free classes so I do three Pilates classes a week and two yoga. The great thing about all-inclusive classes is that you can try everything and see what suits you and what you enjoy. There’s no point doing a form of exercise that you hate, because you won’t stick at it for long enough to see the results. I love my Pilates classes, although getting up for the early ones is a struggle sometimes, but once I’m there I’m happy, and afterwards I feel great. Yoga, although sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I really, well… don’t. But I expected that. One of the reasons I was interested in doing yoga was because I have a very short attention span and get easily bored and find it hard to relax. Yoga should help me be able to relax and focus more, but to begin with I knew I’d find it boring and slow. I don’t think I’ve seen much of a result yet but I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m definitely more flexible, which is another reason for me doing it. I look at the other really flexible people in the class and that motivates me to stick at it. So I feel like I’ve started the year well and just hope I stick at it. Wish me luck guys!

No comments: