Monday 9 June 2008

27th May

I’m not long back from Ibiza. The first day was really hard. We had to be up at 3am to go to the airport. As soon as we arrived in Ibiza we went straight into hair and make-up to get ready for our first shoot. We didn’t finish until 8.30pm that evening. I was past tiredness and slightly delusional at that point! I slept well that night until my alarm woke me up at 4.45am the next morning forcing me to get up and get ready for the next shoot. We did a sunrise shoot, which went really well, considering my lack of sleep, and luckily I finished at 12pm and had the rest of the day off. You can imagine where I went when we arrived back to the hotel - straight back to bed! I’m not one to nap through the day, especially when the sun’s shining outside, but it had to be done, a girl needs her beauty sleep…

I bought an amazing foundation at the airport, Chanel Pro Lumier. It’s quite expensive at £25.90 but I think it’s worth it. If you have really oily skin it’s probably no good for you because it’s quite an oily foundation. When you first put it on it looks really oily and shiny but after a few minutes it goes more matt and looks great. If you do have oily skin it would probably work better with a little powder on top. I put it on with a MAC foundation brush, which works really well, but you can just use your fingertips.

Make sure you moisturise well before applying it. You should always put your foundation on with downward strokes to avoid making the hairs on your face stand up and look visible. (I read that in a magazine years ago and have done it ever since.) The foundation I used to use, before being recommended Chanel by a make-up artist, was L'Oreal True Match. I think this is a lovely foundation and gives a porcelain look. It’s a lot dryer than the Chanel one meaning you don’t need to use powder. I’ve used that foundation for a couple of years now and would definitely recommend it, especially if you’re on a budget because at £13.99 it’s a bit of a bargain. If I want a less shiny look than the Chanel gives but don’t want to use powder, I sometimes mix the Chanel and L’Oreal. I’m always mixing make-up.

Because I get fake tans, my skin’s constantly changing colour so I have foundation in two shades and mix then to match my skin tone. Nothing’s worse than an orange face and white body. I also mix eye shadows to get different colours. There are loads of brands that make good eye shadows but most of mine are MAC. MAC have the best range of colours, I love them! I’ve got MAC as my top friend on Myspace. It’s sad but I don’t know what I’d do without MAC. If you do decide to try out the Chanel foundations make sure you go to the shop with no make-up on so you can try out what foundation suits you best. There are a few different types all available in lots of tones. Also make sure you ask for a load of samples of other Chanel products when you buy one, you may as well get your money’s worth.

1 comment:

SteveW said...

Why do you mess around with all this cosmetic nonsense - I think you could just get photographers to use increase the saturation on an image in photoshop - do they require you to use fake tans when they can make a simple digital adjustment in the electronic darkroom? I've done it with a few of the shots I've taken in the Central America area recently and there is quite a healthy glow given to someone who has mildly tanned skin by using one of the widely available processing packages like 'picassa2'. See for instance, see the Sunday 8th June blog - the girl pictured is a lot less tanned than she appears and it was a simple 10% increase in saturation to get the effect. I don't know what pro make up artists and photographers would think to my shots.....

best wishes, steve
www.brummiestuff.blogspot.com/