Thursday 15 May 2008

5th May

I was pretty devastated about missing two parties over the Bank Holiday weekend, but all the rest, Lemsips and Echinacea paid off and I made it to the photo shoot today feeling just a little bit shaky.

Luckily it didn't show in the pictures and they turned out pretty good. The style was different to any shoots I've done before. It was like fashion meets glamour. The magazine's called EM (Every Model) and the issue is based on glamour modeling, so if you’re an aspiring glamour girl you should check it out for some useful advice.

As I said in my last entry, the photographer doesn't stop for lunch so I took some dates to keep me going through the day. I remembered that Muslims eat dates after fasting as they're full of energy so I decided to give them a go and they really worked. I'm usually awful if I don't eat and get really moody and shaky but they kept me going nicely.

I had wet hair, full of product to keep it wet, and a load of baby oil on my skin for the shoot, so you can imagine how horrible my hair is now! I'll have to shampoo it three times to get it back to normal. I use really good hair care products at the moment. I use the Kerastase range, they're great. I've always had pretty good hair (apart from the fact it’s thinner than I'd like) so I didn't notice a huge change when I started using it but I bought it for my Mum and the change on her is amazing. She has very fine flyaway hair that you can't do much with and now it's so much more manageable and shiny.

Kerastase is definitely the best hair care range on the market but it's pretty costly. The shampoo costs approximately £12 (I use Bain Satin), and the conditioner is £16 (I use Lait Vital). Although they're really expensive you only need a tiny amount as they're very concentrated so they do last a while. They are sold in most good hair salons and if you go in, someone will tell you which range will be best for your hair.

My manager (she's a woman) is very fussy with what products she uses and likes all the expensive posh stuff but she really loves and recommends TRESemme shampoo and conditioners. They're really cheap and you get loads of it. Trust me, if it’s good enough for her it's good enough for the rest of us!

As I mentioned before, I'd like my hair to be a bit thicker so I'm constantly trying out new thickening products. I tried out the Kerastase thickening shampoo and conditioner and although they worked pretty well, they really dried out my hair.

I think it’s better to use styling products to thicken your hair than shampoos and conditioners as you need them to clean and condition your hair. Problem is, I've not found a styling product I've been particularly pleased with. Please fill me in if anybody knows of any.

1 comment:

BooCakesBeauty said...

I tried Kerastase products after reading this and they're great! they really helped my hair, and made it a lot less dry and made it look really healthy looking, so thanks Sam! x